440E Pneumatic Rotacam Hazardous Location Switches
Based on the highly successful conventional Rotacam the Pneumatic Rotacam has the same design features except that it gives positive acting isolation of a machine’s compressed air supply instead of an electrical power source.
The switch is mounted at the hinge point of the guard door. The bored stainless steel operating shaft is mounted in a sealed bearing which is so robust that it enables the switch itself to be used as the hinge pin if necessary.
The pneumatic valve specifications are shown below. The external switch dimensions and operating shaft specifications are the same as the conventional Rotacam.
Note: the Pneumatic Rotacam does not have the adjustable cam used with the standard Rotacam.
Based on the conventional Lifeline 4 this rope operated pneumatic safety switch can be used for guarding exposed pneumatic machinery and conveyor equipment.
The Pneumatic Lifeline 4 is immune to machine vibration thus overcoming the problem of nuisance tripping.
The pneumatic valve specifications are shown below. The external switch dimensions are the same as the conventional Lifeline 4.
- Pneumatic Rotacam
- Can be used as a hinge pin with light and medium weight guard doors on pneumatic machinery
- Isolates pneumatic power within 5° of guard movement
- Pneumatic Lifeline 4
- Switches pneumatic power with up to 75 meter span
- Lid mounted emergency stop button, designed to EN418
- Switch lockout with indication of rope pulled and rope slack
A Rockwell Automation Guardmaster™ safety product