Wireless Condition monitoring for LV motors
The ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor converts traditional motors, pumps and mounted bearings into smart, wirelessly connected devices.
Until today, maintenance teams faced several limitations…
- Maintenance can be fragmented and disconnected, with separate teams for each site (or multiple shift patterns)
- The teams cannot always get contracts to service all of the installed population due to the large number of motors
- In most cases, sophisticated monitoring of LV motors does not make economic sense today
- A significant infrastructure is required, which typically costs more than the motors themselves
- Specialist personnel are needed to install and maintain the monitoring equipment
- Most LV motors are not monitored, and are only maintained when something goes wrong
- Typically, a run to fail approach is taken
How can this solution help to save money and reduce stress?
Fitting the ABB Ability Smart Sensor solution could help to…
- Reduce downtime by as much as 70%
- Service or replace motors before they break down
- Shift unplanned maintenance to planned outages
- Extend lifetime by up to 30%
- Avoid motor failures by timely servicing
- Prevent secondary damage by avoiding breakdowns
- Increase energy efficiency by around 10%
- Create better loading profiles based on energy consumption patterns
- Rationalize the installed base (replace less efficient and over-dimensioned motors)
Welcome to the factory of tomorrow…
If you would like to know more about the ABB Ability Smart Sensor, you can Contact Us or phone 0113 236 1509.