440T Trapped Key Solenoid Release Unit
The Rockwell Automation Guardmaster™ safety product - Prosafe™ solenoid release unit is used for electrical isolation of machinery to enable safe access. It consists of a RPS (rotary power switch) and a solenoid. The trapped key can be removed once a signal is given to its internal solenoid locking mechanism. An indicator light on the SRU indicates when trapped key can be removed; that is, when power is applied to the solenoid. The solenoid signal only needs to be present when key removal is necessary. The solenoid is rated for 100% duty cycle. Power to the solenoid can be removed after the trapped key is removed.
Removing the trapped key caused the isolating power switch to change state; the normally open contacts open and the normally closed contacts (if applicable) will close.
The trapped key can then be used in the next sequence of the operation.
- Direct drive operation—positively opens contacts
- Integral solenoid monitoring
- Key trapped until release signal is applied
- IP 65 enclosure or panel mounted versions
- Replaceable code barrels
- LED or NEON ‘key free’ indication
- 316L stainless steel construction
- 24V DC, 110V AC/DC or 230V AC solenoid options
- Weatherproof stainless steel dust cap as standard
- Conforms to ISOTR 12100, ISO 14119, IEC 947-5-1 and
- GS-ET 19
- Single or multiple key units available (contact factory)